I received a lovely newsletter from One & Only and I would love to share it here with our Om & Away tribe. Thank you to One & Only for sharing the below wellness tips!
During this time it is important to give special attention to your whole body. Taking a holistic approach to wellness includes rest, exercise and self care. We have curated ten simple ways to encourage you to listen to your body and give it the attention it needs.
1. Self affirmation Rise at the same time each day, and incorporate 10 minutes of connecting your breath with your body into your morning routine. Follow a simple guided meditation focusing on your breath as you complete a series of yoga postures.
One&Only tip: Choose a personal affirmation to combine with your breath and repeat this in your mind on each inhalation or exhalation. For example, exhale any sense of stress or self-doubt, and inhale the affirmation: “I am enough”.
2. Pamper yourself With so much hand washing and sanitising, our hands can become quite dry. We recommend taking some time for a DIY manicure. Start by soaking your hands in some warm water (why not add some essential oil too). Then, cut, file and buff the nails to your preferred length and shape. Finish with some cuticle oil (we recommend coconut oil as a natural alternative) and gently apply hand lotion or body moisturiser. We recommend: Sodashi Geranium and Lavender Hand Cream
3. Soak it up Adding a warm bathing ritual to your evening is a great way to destress after a busy day working from home. We recommend a few drops of lavender essential oil or some bath salts for the ultimate relaxation. We recommend: iKOU Lavender Essential Oil
4. Switch off to unwind We recommend switching off all devices and avoiding blue lights for a minimum of one hour prior to bedtime. We also suggest a warm chamomile tea as it contains antioxidants that help to promote sleepiness and improve overall sleep quality. We recommend: Chamomile Days by Ovvio Organics
5. Stretch it out Incorporate some simple, calming Yin Yoga into your evening routine. Hold each posture for 5 to 7 minutes.
Child’s Pose: Kneel on the floor with your toes together and your knees hip-width apart. Rest your palms on top of your thighs.On an exhale, lower your torso between your knees. Extend your arms alongside your torso with your palms facing down. Relax your shoulders toward the ground.
Reclining Spinal Twist: To begin, lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Extend your arms out from the body in a ‘T’ Formation with your palms facing up towards the ceiling.
Inhale, lengthening the tailbone down toward the ground, as you exhale, drop both of your bent knees over to the right, and send your gaze over to the left.
Legs up the wall (Fountain of Youth): Lie on your back with a blanket or pillow under the head for extra comfort and place legs straight up the wall. If you have an eye pillow or eye mask this is perfect for extra relaxation.
6. Hydrate your skin We recommend sleeping in a face mask overnight to really nourish and hydrate your skin, which repairs itself overnight. We recommend: Sodashi Gentle Repair Clay Mask
7. Daily gratefulness Practise daily gratitude by making a simple list of things you are grateful for; it may be as simple as enjoying a moment with your coffee in the sunshine.
8. Breathe deeply Fresh air is the best air. We recommend a daily walk amongst nature to get your body moving.
One&Only tip: Walking barefoot allows the body to become more connected to the earth.
9. Nourish your body Mindful eating is as simple as paying attention to what you’re eating and expressing gratitude for it. Taking a more mindful approach can help you become aware of your current eating habits and take control of them.
One&Only tip: Take your time with each bite. Avoid consuming beverages 20 minutes before and after a meal, as this helps to aid digestion.
10. Still your mind Breathe deeply, centre yourself and still your mind with a calming 10-minute guided meditation to end the day.